Chaos caused by just a couple of toenailsWoman in the Middle | March 4, 2013
The table in my dining room is right by the front door. That makes it a very convenient spot to dump things on occasion. Such was the case a few weeks ago. I had just been involved in a big fundraising event that involved lots of women and lots of snacks. All the leftover snacks, plasitc bowls, and other bits and pieces that came back from the event ended up on my dining room table.
On the evening in question I was talking to Youngest Daughter on the phone when all of a sudden Hubby and I heard Crash, Boom, Bang! I told Youngest I had to get off the phone and Hubby and I went to investigate. This is what we saw:
The tablecloth had been pulled almost completely off the table. Snack mix was spilled everywhere. And one bag was perched at the very edge of the table, holding one last corner of the tablecloth on the table. Oh, and I guess a few things I had picked up at the dollar store were in the table (now on the floor) too. My fundraiser did not require dog bones or Dixie cups!
As Hubby and I stood and gazed in awe at this mess Blackie casually strolled by, looking like he didn’t have a care in the world. His body language just oozed innocence. “What noise?” he seemed to be saying.
We think Blackie was lounging on one of the dining room chairs and when he jumped down he got a couple of claws caught in the tablecloth. Next thing you know almost everything that had been on the tale was now on the floor.
The next few minutes was spent in a frenzy of tying to get the snack mix, and especially the chocolate candy that was in it, off the floor before the dog could eat much of it. Hubby and I also laughed quite a bit as we cleaned up. After all, nothing was broken, thank goodness, and it is a good story!