Zumba! Again!Woman in the Middle | January 21, 2013
As shocking as this may be to those who know me, when Zumba resumed on January 7th I actually started going again. After another two weeks of Zumba I have a few observations/suggestions:
1. Assume you are going to sweat and dress accordingly. Dark fabrics are more forgiving when it come to large sweat patches.
2. If your husband is dropping you off and picking you up tell him it is not cool to stand in the door way and ogle all the women bouncing around. Also tell him if I am there, he will hear about it (and he did).
3. Don’t take fun cell phone photos of your friend in Zumba class. There are 60 women there and some of them are going to end up in your photos, and they probably do not want what they look like doing Zumba memorialized in someone else’s photo.
4. Sorry to any men who may be reading this one. Two words: Sports bra.
5. Bring a water bottle. You will be very sorry if you don’t.
6. Depending on your feelings on the matter, seek out or avoid the small woman who does her own thing by flailing around instead of trying to do what the teacher is doing. If the fear of being kicked adds a certain excitement to your Zumba experience, then, by all means, stand right by her. If the fear of being kicked doesn’t thrill you then make sure you permanently move to the other side of the room.
7. Plan to laugh at yourself A LOT when you seem to be unable to do what the teacher wants you to do. Laughing is way better than crying!